— Announcement Thread —
Hi, this is the announcement of lolMiner, an Ethash / Equihash / Beam & Grin miner with multiple algorithms targeting AMD GPUs (based on OpenCL). Note that it will work on most Nvidia GPUs too, but speed and stability may vary. Helpful information in :
To see some basic configuration examples, see here:
- Added DNS over HTTPS name resolving for establishing your pool connection. This has advantages when your normal DNS resolving might be blocked or modified by a firewall. You can control its behavior with the parameter –dns-over-https value with the values 0: turns DNS over HTTPS off; 1: DNS over HTTPS is enabled, fallback to normal DNS resolving is possible (default); 2: enforcing DNS over HTTPS, normal DNS is completely disables (1)
- Updated internal libraries for TLS connection handling
- Moved more fee pools to use TLS connection. When mining Ethash, Etchash (both +ZIL), Ergo and Beam the fee connection is now always encrypted (TLS 1.2) and mining data packages can not be identified as such.
- Changed LHR kernel defaults for RTX 3060 and RTX 3070, because the default ones had an issue with defect shares at high oc.
(1) A big kudos to Flexpool for helping out with this
- Windows: Adrenaline 19.1 and newer (before Navi) / 19.10.02 and newer (Navi), Linux: 18.10 and newer (RX 390, Fury, 470-580), 18.50 and newer (Vega, VII), 19.30 and newer (Navi )
- Note: New Beam Hash III may support Blockchain drivers (not tested)
|Algorithm||Solvers for Memory Size|
|Beam Hash I||3G / 4G|
|Beam Hash II||3G / 4G|
|Beam Hash III||3G / 4G|
|Cuckatoo-31||4G / 8G / 16G|
|Cuckatoo-32||4G / 8G / 16G|
|CuckarooD-29||4G / 6G|
|CuckarooM-29||6G / 8G|
|ZelHash||3G / 4G|
|Equihash 192/7||3G / 4G|
Quick Start Examples
The easiest way t
Minimum commands to run (on Windows):
lolMiner.exe --coin (coin name) --pool (pool address) --port (pool port) --user (wallet or pool login) --pass (pool password)
How to set up a .bat file
- lolMiner.exe – specify the name of the program that will be launched
- –coin BEAM – the –coin parameter determines which coin to mine. lolMiner will pick up the internal settings as the required algorithm.
- –pool beam-eu.leafpool.com – after the –pool key, specify the pool address.
- –port 3333 – we specify the port of the pool. You need to find it on the page with the pool, or use the example of ready-made settings at the end of the article
- –user 2d1f865b393afa3ead1e0dd0c0307c0cbcdb8412671c86fbd0b21cfe5328b608ca5 – after the –user key, specify the wallet address or login on the pool.
- .rig0 – put a dot and specify the farm identifier. It is only needed to track statistics on the pool.
We have considered the simplest configuration for running the program.
lolMiner.exe --coin BEAM --pool beam-eu.sparkpool.com --port 2222 --user 1a1f86....1cfe5328b608ca5.rig1
You can start mining by double clicking on the .bat file with the desired coin. We run it on a farm with Windows and AMD cards and see what the program console writes to us:
- Equihash 150/5 algorithm – the algorithm that we chose when setting up the batch file
- Warning: No user profile defined in command line (–profile (profileName> missing) – the program warns that we did not set the profile through the configuration. But we configured through the .bat file, so the profile settings (config file) can be ignored
- Reading pool data from command line – the program prepares information about connecting to the pool, which we specified in the batch file
- lolMiner is configured to mine Beam (BEAM), Equihash 150/5 – BeamHash – the miner realized that we want to mine the Beam coin!
- Radeon RX 580 Series – video cards for cryptocurrency mining are determined.
- Memory: 8192 MByte (8138 MByte free) – available to use 8138 MB of video memory
- Active: true (Selected kernel: Equihash 150/5 (Beam), 4G memory) – the program has chosen a kernel for mining
We wait for some time until all devices are determined and we see the following:
Connecting to pool … – connecting to the pool
Connected to beam-eu.sparkpool.com:2222 – successfully connected
New job received: 1 Difficulty 100 – the pool sent a job for video cards
GPU 4: Submitting share Share accepted (35 ms) – the first share is accepted (share of work). It is necessary to understand that the miner receives the reward for the sent shares.
After waiting a little, the console will show us the hash rate and temperatures of all GPUs.