Now, miners of the cryptocurrency, which occupies the 4th place by capitalization, will receive for the mined block not 12.5 BCH, but only 6.25 BCH. Accordingly, the income of miners will fall by half, and if the exchange rate does not increase, many of them may remain at a loss.
In March 2020, Bitcoin Cash miners earned $ 13.34 million for mined blocks and less than $ 4,200 from transaction fees. Thus, after halving the rewards, they will earn only $ 6.7 million if the hash rate of the Bitcoin Cash network and the BCH rate do not change.
Tomorrow (perhaps the day after tomorrow) the halving of the reward to the miners should happen on the network of another fork of Bitcoin – Bitcoin SV. At the same time, the coins of both forks went up before halving. According to the latest data from the CoinMarketCap portal, BCH grew by 2.54% per day, and the growth rate of BSV was 9.14%.
Recommended New Articles:
- NBMiner v29.1 (NebuTech): Download and Configure for Windows 7/10 x32 / x64
- FPGA HashAltcoin Blackminer F1 with Tellor (TRB) support
- Cryptocurrency Market and Rate Review, April 4 (Bitcoin, Swiss, Energy, Bytecoin, Ethereum)
- NiceHash Miner v22.214.171.124: Download NHM for Windows 7/10 (x32/x64-bit)
- GMiner 2.05: Download With Improved Performance for Qitmeer (PMEER)